If you have interest in working this summer but would like to do so from home, I have a great opportunity for you. Our Company The Modern Hello, has formed a new partnership with a company that specializes in the online education platform. If you are interested in teaching English online from home without being required to create lesson plans, grade assignments, communicate with parents and having flexibility to set your own schedule - this opportunity may be for you!
Online English Teacher
Enjoy flexibility - Work from home or anywhere else that you want. Set your own schedule and work as few or as many hours as you’d like.
Skip lesson plans and grading - We provide the lesson plans and communicate with the parents. You just need a computer and the passion/skills for teaching.
Have fun - Teach in an online platform of more than 200,000 students from 300 cities.
You must have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Your degree can be in any field; it doesn’t matter whether or not it’s in the field of education.
You need some experience teaching K-12 in the United States or Canada.
Once accepted, you have to sign a minimum 6-month renewable contract.
You can work from anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection.
Full Technical Requirements
Device - Desktop, Laptop, MAC, Surface
Camera - HD External camera or HD integrated camera (Most laptops have it)
Headset - Use a headset with a microphone, stable output and input
Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System - Windows7, Windows8, Windows10,MAC OS 10.8x
Memory - AT Least 4GB RAM
Latest Version of Flash Player
CPU - Intel Core i3 above CPU
Network - Wired DSL Internet Connection - at least 20 Mbps
Minimum Browser Requirements:
Google Chrome - Version 51 or above
Firefox - Version 47 or above
Applicants pass through the following stages before becoming teachers
1. Submission of Resume:Send your resume to be screened for basic requirements and teaching experience.
2. 1-1 Interview or Recorded Interview: 30-min session where you showcase your teaching skills to a recruiter OR Record your demo lesson at your own time so that a recruiter can evaluate you.
3. Introduction to Teaching:Watch videos to learn about the technology, standards and curriculum.
4. Mock class:Practice teaching a full-length class
5. Sign your contract, Upload docs & Complete Background Check
6. Full-Fledged Online Teacher:Put your timeslots on your portal so that students can start booking you. Get ready to teach!
Teachers are independent contractors and therefore responsible for their own taxes.